Thursday, March 5, 2009

About Kitchen Scales

I an a thrifty person, or so I'd like to think. I had been using analog scales when I bake, but I tell you they are really inaccurate - at least mine were. The zero error is horrendous and hence I get horrendous results where baking is concerned.


However, before I came over, I indulged myself and bought a Redman Kitchen Scale - abt S$35. This is digital and it is pretty good cause it has the tare function, which really helps. However I encountered problems after I got my KitchenAid Mixer, cause the mixing bowl was so heavy and the capacity of my scale is only up to 2kg or 4.8lbs. Also the scale was kinda small - when I used a bigger bowl, I have difficulty looking at the reading.


So 2 weeks ago, I was looking online for another one, cause I think the digital kitchen scales here are reasonably priced. I finally decided to get this :


I paid (or rather Ken paid, :p) US$25.95 for this and shipping was free. It is bigger than the one I have and its capacity is up to 11lbs or 5kg, which I think is good enough for me. I have used it twice and it does not disappoint. It is very precise, which is good for anal people like me. Haha.

I got it on amazon.com and the description is "EatSmart Precision Touch - Professional Glass Top Digital Kitchen Scale w/ 11 lb. Capacity" - in case anyone is interested.

No comments: